1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 overripe medium bananas, mashed
2 eggs, lightly whisked
1/2 cup skim milk
50g margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a 11 x 21cm loaf tin with non-stick baking paper
- Sift the combined flours and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre.
- Mash bananas in a medium bowl. Add the eggs, milk, and melted margarine, and stir until well combined.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in tin for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely